Makes any time feel like holiday time!
You Will Need:
Large baking dish
Medium-sized pot with lid
1.5 cups Arborio rice
1 can coconut milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup cane sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp coconut butter
*Don’t have all the ingredients? Click the links above to order them online!
1. Pour rice into the pot and add enough water to fill the pot one inch.
2. Place lid on pot and bring water to a boil on high heat.
3. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and allow the water to be absorbed by the rice (10- 15 minutes).
4. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
5. Place the steamed rice into the baking dish, leaving at least 2 inches of the dish above the level of the rice.
6. In a separate bowl, mix together coconut milk/ cream, salt, cane sugar, and vanilla.
7. Pour mixture over rice. There should be about an inch of liquid over the rice.
8. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon or nutmeg to taste.
9. Place dish into preheated oven and cook until the liquid is absorbed into the rice (30-45 minutes).
10. Serve warm with coconut cream and coconut butter poured over the top, and brown sugar added to taste.