THE POSSIBILITIES FOR THIS SPREAD ARE BOUNDLESS! —Slather on toast, saute some vegetables in it…even add other herbs and spices to it for extra pizzazz. Making it’s a whirl!!
1. Blend 2 fresh garlic cloves well
2. Add ½ cup olive oil and blend until smooth
3. Add 1 tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated: 1 cup Spectrum Organic All-Vegetable Shortening (this is our preferred brand that’s dairy and soy free. You may use another variety.)
4. Add salt to taste and blend
>>You may also experiment with including other herbs and spices as well. Try basil! rosemary! lemon pepper! whatever you fancy 🙂
5. Once blended to taste, pour the spread in an airtight container, and set in the fridge until firm.
It’s now ready to spread and make things delicious!