This tutorial will have dinner rolls from your oven in a snap! They’re great compliments to a dinner, slathered with a tasty homemade garlic spread, or perfect standalone as a breakfast. Try them toasted and have it with your favorite jam! (we like a lot of blues music and bubblegum oldies in the morning)
HOW TO MAKE (gluten and dairy free!) DINNER ROLLS USING THE LITTLE AUSSIE BAKERY’S BREAD MIX
a 15.75 oz mix yields about 12 dinner rolls
1. Prep the dough the same as you would to make a loaf.
>>follow steps 1-4 of the instructions that come with the mix
2. Once you’re ready to put it in the pan, use a 12-cup muffin/ cupcake pan. Liberally grease the inside of the muffin cups – Pam spray works as a good dairy free substitute, or you can reuse your butter wrappers to grease any baking pans.
3. Scoop your dough into the pan using a wet ice cream scoop. (dipping the scoop in water keeps the dough from sticking.) Re-wet the scoop between each portion >>there is no such thing as a scoop that is too wet!
4. Let the rolls rise in a warm environment the same way you would a loaf. It’s important to their ability to rise that the room is draft-free and around 80°F. Otherwise, expect it to take longer for the rolls rise to the top of the pan.
5. Once all the rolls have risen to the top of their cups, they’re ready to go in the oven!! Another great difference from baking the loaf is the oven temperature. The oven is at a lower heat for the rolls and >> should be preheated to 400°F. Let them bake 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly browned.
6. Place the rolls on a wire rack to cool. >> If left in the pan, they will become soggy.