Bread crumbs are so versatile in use, and they store well in your freezer. So make a big batch to have on hand! It’s as easy as a whirl in your food processor. (and with all the awesome, nutritious flavor of home-baked food). Use the stuff you made at home following this tutorial!!
MAKE (gluten and dairy free!) BREAD CRUMBS …Using your aging gluten-free bread – the stuff that’s drying out, but not completely stale or moldy. It’s a nice way to stretch your bread past its prime!
Cube it all up!! They can be coarse.
…and then your options diverge!!!…Think about how you’d like to use them…
WITH THICK CRUMBS, you can…
1. Fill the cavities of poultry or vegetables and bake for a savory stuffing
2. Soak with milk (use coconut to be dairy free!), combine with sweet spices, and bake for a sweet bread pudding
3. Coat the cubes in oil or butter, and pan fry or bake into croutons <<–see our recipe here!
1. Top off a casserole or pasta dish for a nice, buttery crunch
2. Bread your meats and vegetables to fry or bake
3. Fatten up your meatloaf, meatballs, etc; and add extra texture
How else do you use them at home??