Our White Sandwich Bread Mix works great for making pizza crusts! The instructions are the same, but instead of a loaf pan, you will need a 9- to 12-inch pizza pan. Easy, right?
Here’s all the steps:
1. Spray your pizza pan(s)- the dough will yield enough to bake several crusts -liberally with an oil spray, like Pam.
2. Mix the dough following the directions included in the bread mix. Stop at the part (step #5) where it says to put it in a loaf pan! You’re making pizza crusts, remember?? 🙂
3. Once well mixed, wet your hands to keep the dough from sticking to you. Scoop a portion of it into your pan, and smooth to your preferred height/thickness for a pizza crust. We make ours approximately half an inch thick.
4. Spray the top of the dough with Pam for browning and crispness.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 425º F for about 10 minutes, or until the crust has slightly browned. It will be less more smaller pans. >>Do not overcook!! Remember, you will be re-cooking the crust once you have added the toppings.
6. Once cool, you may immediately make your pizza, or freeze the crusts for later use. They store very well in airtight containers.
Happy baking! And even happier eating!! Yum.