This recipe comes from the spectacular kitchen of All Aboard Deli in San Antonio, TX.
5255 McCollough Av. || 210-8230
When was the last time you craved a barbecue sandwich, but your local restaurant didn’t offer a gluten-free sauce? Well, crave no more! Here is the all homemade version of All Aboard Deli’s barbecue sauce we use on the Smoked Brisket & Muenster Cheese served on Gluten-Free Focaccia
Making the Sauce!
Set a large saucepan on the stove to simmer. In it, combine together:
- 4 Cups Homemade Ketchup (Epicurious has this quick-to-make-in-your-blender ketchup recipe)
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Apple cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Homemade Mustard (Hunter-Angler-Gardener-Cook reveals it’s quite easy to make mustard!)
- 1 to 2 Jalapenos (this won’t make it spicy, they say!)
- 2 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Let it simmer, stirring occasionally, at least 20 minutes. >>It is ready when the sauce is thin, but not watery.
How you use it is up to you! Put it on some ribs and grill! Make some chicken fingers and dunk them liberally! Make thatSmoked Brisket & Muenster Cheese Sandwich…