This amazing recipe was a submission from Mia’s Domain to the “Show us our Hamburger Buns” contest we held on our Facebook page in June 2012. Celebrating the expansion of our goods toselect HEBs (a mega grocery chain that started in the Texas Hill Country) would carry, our Whole Flax Hamburger Bun was the latest arrival. And so the contest was born! And this recipe! Thank you, Mia.
RECIPE: Mini-Chorizo French Toast
Role Call of Ingredients:
- 4 slices of sourdough bread, chopped (I used 2 GF whole flax hamburger buns)
>>A great way to stretch your pantry: best is bread that’s beginning to crust or stale (not mold! mind you).
- 1 cup ground/mince chorizo
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk to combine. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Add chorizo, onions, cilantro, and bread.
- Pour into a prepared 12 cup muffin pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy and cooked.
- Serve Hot