This is a firm buttery cake. Perfect with coffee or to include in the lunch box as a treat for school or work.
- 375g Earth Balance (or equivalent margarine-butter-oil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Sugar
- 6 large Eggs
- 3 cups GF flour blend (we use our own, of course!)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Guar Gum
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Almond Essence
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease deep 9” round cake pan or deep 23cm square pan. Line base of pan with parchment paper.
- In stand mixing bowl, place butter, sugar, 1 tsp guar gum and almond essence. Beat till light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs to stand mixing bowl one at a time until combined between additions.
- With mixer on very low, add remaining dry ingredients, and blend till just combined.
- Spread mix into pan, and put in the pre-heated oven to bake.
- Bake on the middle rack for about 1 hour.
- Let stand to cool for 10 minutes, turn out and dust top with powdered sugar to serve.
Keeps well at room temperature for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.