Straight from the little pink book that keeps all The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe‘s special, gluten-free (need we also mention, “delicious?!”) recipes: Golden Melt-in-Your-Mouth
THE RECIPE Free of gluten, corn, and soy. Easily modified to be dairy free as well — just use your favorite alternatives!
Yields 1 dozen biscuits
- 3 Cups All-Purpose GF Flour (Little Aussie Bakery Brand)
- 1 Tb sugar
- 1 Tb baking soda
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 3⁄4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk (or milk substitute of choice for dairy free. We like coconut milk)
- 2 tsp lemon juice/ vinegar
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 1⁄2 ozs butter (or butter substitute to be dairy free. We like Earth Balance.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and spray a muffin pan with Pam® or similar.
- In small bowl, combine milk and lemon juice/vinegar. Leave this to stand for 10 minutes (this creates a rich sour/buttermilk)
- In large bowl, add all dry ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
>>Results are best when dry ingredients are mixed the night before and stored in freezer overnight
- Cut cold butter (or substitute) into dry ingredients and blend.
- Combine eggs with milk mixture, then pour into the dry ingredient-butter blend. Mix with a spatula until just blended.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tray
- Spray the dough tops with Pam® or similar for a golden-buttery result.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Enjoy with fresh jam or your own favorite toppings!
Uneaten biscuits can be frozen, and reheated in a hot oven (400 degree F for 10 minutes) straight from the freezer.
Don’t feel like baking, but still want a delicious treat? Order some gluten-free, dairy-free, allergy-friendly dinner rolls from The Little Aussie Bakery! They’ll be delivered fresh, straight to your door! And check out our other great products here!This recipe is shared on Natural Family Today‘s Natural Family Fridays.