Perfect Gluten Free Cornbread
Free of gluten, dairy, and soy. Full of yummy deliciousness!
We have adapted the original recipe for Custard-Topped Spoon Bread, featured in The Joy of Cooking, to fit our allergy-friendly needs. Of course we wanted to make a gluten-free cornbread recipe, but while we were at it, we also adapted it to be a completely dairy-free and soy-free cornbread recipe, as well! Perfect for the autumn holidays; Halloween, Thanksgiving, or just about any time, really!
-2 large eggs
-2 cups milk of choice (we use this one)
-2 tbsp warm butter or dairy-free alternative (we use this one)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF
3. Whisk together thoroughly the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and baking soda
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet, stirring until the batter is smooth and free of lumps
6. Coat the bottom of your heated dish with butter or oil spray
7. Pour the batter into the dish and spread evenly
8. Bake in the preheated oven at 400ºF for about 45-50 minutes for the large dish or 15-18 minutes for the muffins.
9. Let cool and enjoy! Top with your favorite spread. Why not try some fresh, dairy-free/ soy-free butter? Get the recipe here.
Don’t feel like making it from scratch? Do it the easy way with a package mix. We won’t tell if you don’t! Order here.
This recipes has been shared at: