This recipe was submitted by reader Melissa French. She says “I make this Fried Chicken with the Little Aussie Bakery’s Gluten-Free All Purpose Blend, fried in Safflower oil. My Super Guy absolutely LOVES it! Thank you guys so much for having such superior product, time and time again♥ You make living GFCF, so easy!”
Aww, Thanks for the accolades, Melissa! And thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe with us! Without further ado, here is Melissa’s quick and easy, gluten free/ dairy free Fried Chicken Recipe:
- 1 organic chicken (approx. 4 lbs.), cut in pieces
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1½ cups Little Aussie’s GF All Purpose Flour (get it here)
- 2 quarts high smoke point oil (I like safflower)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and set aside for later.
- Blend the flour, salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the dry mixture.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the whisked eggs.
- Coat the chicken pieces once more in the dry flour mixture.
- Fry in a skillet with 355° F oil for 18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180° F.
- Serve with fresh gluten free cornbread, and enjoy!
You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for later. Not that we expect you’ll have many leftovers!