For breakfast, for tea, or anytime indeed!
Our take on this classic sweet snack is completely free of gluten, soy, corn, and nuts. It can easily be made dairy-free, egg-free, and vegan, too! What more could you ask for? Throw in some chocolate chips for a scrumptious finish (these are free of dairy and soy)!
- 2 cups Little Aussie Bakery all purpose flour (get it here)
- ½ cup light-flavored oil (we like this one)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs (or equivalent in egg replacer. We like this one).
- ½ cup ripe, mashed bananas
- ¾ cup sour cream (for dairy-free, substitute ¾ cup coconut cream mixed with 1 tsp lemon juice)
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp guar gum (get it here)
Preheat oven to 350ºF
Mix together all dry ingredients except brown sugar
In a separate bowl, mash bananas
In a third bowl, mix oil and brown sugar until creamy
Add eggs to oil mixture one at a time while slowly beating
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well
Add bananas and sour cream (or coconut cream and lemon juice)
Mix batter until smooth
Pour batter into the 9” x 5” loaf pan
Place in middle rack in a 350ºF oven
Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool, serve, and enjoy! Tastes great with a dollop of whipped cream (get the recipe for our dairy-free, soy-free whipped cream here).