Finding that perfect holiday gift is always a challenge. Add in the fact that your recipient is gluten-free, and it becomes darn near impossible! But never fear, we have a few great gift ideas that are guaranteed to satisfy anyone on your list, gluten-free or not. We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite gifts for all ages and tastes for the 2013 holiday season:
For the Newly Gluten-Free:
- Small Kitchen Appliances–to avoid cross-contamination on their new diet, they’re going to need all new appliances. Get a fun toaster (this one prints custom designs!) or colorful blender. If you’re a really good friend, maybe you can even get them a brand-new food processor for all their new-found gluten-free recipes!
- Gluten-Free Gift Basket–take the stress out of figuring out what to eat and what to avoid. Try a gluten-free gift basket from the Little Aussie Bakery! Or get an assortment of all their favorite candy and snack brands from GourmetGiftBaskets.com.
- Insulated Lunchbox–help them become confident in their new lifestyle with a stylish new lunchbox that will be the envy of all their co-workers. This one looks just a designer handbag! Or go for the more comical approach with this “live organ” lunchbox–guaranteed to deter any refrigerator thieves around the office!
- Tupperware–gluten-free food needs to be kept separate from gluten-filled food. Make it fun and easy with colorful storage containers!
For the Gluten-Free Kid:
- Mangos for Max–a fun book by Dr. Jessica St. Louis follows the adventures of Max, a young school-age monkey, as he lives life, makes friends, and eats mangos instead of bananas due to his allergy. Engaging and informative while remaining silly and playful, this delightful story has a message young readers will take to heart. The author will donate 10% of all proceeds to further food allergy research by contributing to FARE (Food Allergy Research Education).
- A Fun Lunchbox–let the gluten-free kids on your list show off their unique personality while carrying their own allergy-friendly lunch to school and events. How cute is this firetruck lunchbox?! Or try something more practical with this “Yumbox” Leak-proof lunchbox.
- Gluten-Free Play-Dough–express your artistic side with this fun and safe children’s classic toy. Buy it on Amazon or make it yourself with this recipe!
- Creative Cookie Cutters–make your own gluten-free and allergy-friendly treats and customize with some fun cookie cutters! How about these fierce ninjabread men cutters, or these adorable princess cookie cutters?
For the Gluten-Free Foodie:
- Gift Card to a Gluten-Free Restaurant–of course we are quite partial to the Little Aussie Bakery! Or use FindMeGlutenFree to find a safe gluten-free restaurant in your area!
- New Camera–perfect for snapping photos of their homemade gluten-free delights. Who knows, you could have the next great gluten-free blogger on your hands! The Panasonic Lumix is a great beginner camera that can handle close-ups, showing off all the great texture of your delicious gluten-free goodies.
- Wine Glasses–wine is naturally gluten-free! What more could you ask for? Check out these holiday-themed hand-blown wine glasses, perfect for any party.
May your holidays be safe and happy, filled with friends, family, and plenty of delicious gluten-free food! Do you have any suggestions for this year’s must-have gluten-free gifts? Please leave a comment!