What is Christmas without the gingerbread cookies? Our simple ginger cookie recipe is perfect for making cutouts. Get ambitious and make your own gluten free gingerbread house! The whole family can get involved with this one–kids will love cutting the dough and decorating the cookies! And no one has to feel excluded, because this recipe is 100% free of gluten, dairy, soy, corn, eggs and nuts! This recipe will make approximately 20 cookies, depending on the size of your cookie cutters.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium pan, melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup. Stir occasionally.
- Once the ingredients have incorporated, remove pan from heat.
- In a separate bowl, blend the flour, baking soda, and ginger.
- Add the melted ingredients into the dry ingredients to make a thick dough.
- For round cookies, drop by rounded teaspoon on to the cookie sheets.
- For shaped cookies, turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll to a thickness of about ¼ inch.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out shapes in the dough (we like this gingerbread family of cookie cutters). Place the shapes onto the bookie sheets
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- When completely cool, decorate with colored icing and any other toppings you wish. Get the icing recipe here. The gingerbread house below is decorated with dessicated coconut and gluten-free strawberry laces (get them here).
- Serve and enjoy! Happy Baking, and Merry Christmas!
This post has been shared at the following link parties: Click here to see which ones.