Personally, I think that honey mustard dressing should be listed as one of the best inventions on earth. Immediately after sliced (gluten-free) bread, of course. I love it on salads (especially fruit salads — try it sometime; you’ll never go back), I use it as a dressing for my gluten-free fried chicken, and as a dipping sauce for my gluten-free pretzels! I have even been known to just eat it with a spoon! Sadly, most of the store-bought versions of this delectable dressing contain various unsavory ingredients like high fructose corn syrup, soy, and even gluten! Luckily for me, Rita has come up with a delicious and totally allergy-friendly version of my favorite sauce! Bonus points because this one is natural and organic, too!
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup golden syrup (buy it here or make it yourself)
- ½ teaspoon guar gum (get it here)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups light-flavored olive oil (not extra virgin – we use this)
- ½ cup American mustard (we like this one)
- In a clean blender, mince the garlic until fine.
- Add the golden syrup and guar gum and blend until smooth.
- With blender on “low,” slowly add the vinegar.
- Continue to blend gently and gradually add the olive oil.
- Finally, add the mustard and blend until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite salad or for dipping GF pretzels!
- On the rare occasion that there is any left, store for up to 7 days in the refrigerator an airtight container.
healthy honey mustard dressing recipe from the Little Aussie Bakery and Cafe, San Antonio, TX.
The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe is a 100% gluten free establishment located in San Antonio, TX with gluten free products available for shipping nationwide. Founded in 2006 and dedicated to creating excellent allergy friendly food without compromising quality, flavor, or taste, we are now home to the best gluten free on the planet! Join us at our restaurant at 3610 Avenue B. in San Antonio, TX, or order from our website for delivery nationwide. For the latest news and deals, follow us!