So you might have noticed, quite a few blogs are releasing articles about the “Top 6 Reasons to go Gluten-Free.” We decided to jump on the bandwagon and write our own list of reasons to go gluten-free. But our list has 7 reasons, because we are just that awesome. Enjoy.
- Gluten makes you smell bad. It’s true–the human body cannot fully digest gluten, so when you eat wheat or wheat products, the undigested portions sit and start to ferment. This produces gas. Icky, smelly gas.
- Gluten is eating your insides. You know that scene from the movie “Alien?” Yea, just like that. Except with gluten. It can cause Leaky Gut Syndrome, and leak the stuff that is supposed to stay in your gut into your bloodstream. That stuff should not be there, just like Aliens.
- Gluten will turn you into a sad panda. No, really. Gluten consumption is linked to Clinical Depression and other mental disorders like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and Dementia.
- Gluten is making you fat. Gluten causes inflammation in the body, leading to bloating. This can make you look and feel fat.
- Gluten is making you sick. A whopping 83% of Americans with Celiac Disease are undiagnosed or misdiagnosed with other conditions!
- Gluten counteracts your coffee. Say it ain’t so! Gluten can cause malabsorption of nutrients, leading to feelings of malaise and fatigue that even our extra-strength Rush coffee can’t cure!
- Gluten free food is delicious. Not that you really needed one, but going gluten-free is a great excuse to eat at The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe!
To learn more about gluten intolerance and find even more reasons to go gluten free to improve your quality of life, please visit the following websites: