July 30th is National Cheesecake Day in America, and what better way to celebrate than with a homemade gluten free cheesecake?! The New York cheesecake is rich, creamy dessert made with pure dairy, cream cheese, and fresh eggs. Encased in a sweet, crumbled (gluten free) cookie crust, this is a cake to live for!
- 2 ½ cups crumbled GF cookies (we like snickerdoodle or anzac)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 cups softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Crush the cookies until finely ground. If you have a food processor, use it to get an even finer ground.
- Add the butter and mix until combined.
- Press this mixture over the base and sides of a 9½ inch spring-form pan. Set aside in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- With an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese, rinds and sugar until smooth.
- Slowly beat in the eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Add the sour cream and juice and blend well.
- Pour the filling into the chilled pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 15 minutes (for best texture, refrigerate before serving).
- Serve and enjoy! Throw some of your favorite fruit on top for an extra treat!
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;