With the Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe’s gluten free white bread mix, you’re guaranteed to always turn out the perfect gluten free bread loaf right from the comfort of your very own kitchen! Just follow these simple steps for the perfect gluten free loaf, every time! So crank up your oven and get baking!
- Stand mixer with “k” blade
- Medium-sized loaf pan (8″x 4.5″ x 3″ high) or small Pullman pan with no lid (tall sides are necessary when making gluten-free bread to give support)
- Size #10 portion scoop
- Spray or grease loaf pan on the bottom only (DO NOT spray or grease sides).
- Pour the gluten free bread mix into mixing bowl.
- With mixer running on low speed, add oil and warm water to dry mix.
- Blend on high speed for 5 minutes – the dough should resemble sticky mud (gluten-free bread dough is much wetter and stickier than wheat-based bread doughs).
- Dip the portion scoop in water, and scoop 6 portions of the dough into the loaf pan. There should be 3 scoops laid across the bottom, covered by 3 more scoops on top. Dip the portion scoop in water as often as necessary to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Spray the top of the wet dough liberally with oil spray.
- Leave the dough out in a warm room until it has risen to the top of the pan. This takes about 30-40 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450-500°F for 30-35 minutes. When done, the bread will have a browned crust and will sound hollow.
- Turn out to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut only when cool (gluten-free bread needs time to set; if cut too soon, it can be “gummy”).
- Dig in! Eat it plain! Toasted with jam! What’s your favorite way?