Recently, we’ve been posting a few recipes for gluten free pies. But what do you do with all those little bits of leftover dough that is left after trimming and decorating your perfect gluten free pies? Why, you make cinnamon rolls of course!
- Gluten free pie dough, chilled (get the recipe or buy online)
- Gluten free flour (for dusting)
- Earth Balance Soy-Free (or butter, if dairy is allowed)
- Pure Cane Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Raisins and/or nuts, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cover a clean baking sheet with parchment
- Roll the chilled gluten free pie dough into a large ball.
- Roll the dough flat on to a floured flat until it is about ⅜ inch thick. Shape it approximately to a rectangle.
- Spread softened Earth Balance (or butter) evenly on the surface of the dough.
- Sprinkle sugar all over top. Use as much or as little as you prefer. Cover with a light dusting of cinnamon.
- Add raisins and/ or nuts, if desired.
- Starting from the longer side, roll up the dough to form a log.
- Slice the log into portions about ½ inch thick.
- Lay the slices flat on your covered baking sheet and space evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 400° F for 10 to 15 minutes or until cinnamon rolls are golden.
- Top with more sugar or with homemade vanilla icing.
- Share & enjoy!