Once again, I’ve been busy baking pies. And once again, I have a bunch of bits and bobs of leftover pie crust. I already made cinnamon rolls with some of the leftovers, so today I’m trying something different. I’ve been feeling an international flair the last couple days, so let’s stick with that theme and go Mexican today! Time for some leftover pie dough churros. They’re a bit more crispy than your traditional churro, but no less delicious. Andalé! Happy Baking!
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into strips about and inch wide and 4 inches long.
- Sprinkle the dough with cinnamon and sugar. Roll over lightly with a rolling pin to press the spices into the dough.
- Place the strips on the lined baking tray, making sure they don’t overlap.
- Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown (be sure to keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly).
- Serve warm with fresh dairy free caramel sauce.
The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe is a 100% gluten free establishment located in San Antonio, TX with gluten free products available for shipping nationwide. Founded in 2006 and dedicated to creating excellent allergy friendly food without compromising quality, flavor, or taste, we are now home to the best gluten free on the planet! Join us at our restaurant at 3610 Avenue B. in San Antonio, TX, or order from our website for delivery nationwide.
For the latest news and deals, follow us!