It didn’t take us much time to learn that in America, pecan pie = Thanksgiving. Truly, there’s nothing quite like settling down with the family to some warm homemade pecan pie on a cool autumn afternoon, especially when it’s topped with light and fluffy whipped cream! And don’t think that you have to miss out just because you have dietary restrictions – our version is just about as allergy-friendly as a pecan pie can get! It’s free from gluten, dairy, soy, and corn so the whole family can enjoy the feast.
- 1 gluten free pie crust, bottom only (get the recipe or buy online)
- 1 cup golden syrup (get the recipe or buy online)
- 3 large eggs
- pinch non-iodized salt
- 2 Tbsp EarthBalance Soy Free
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, halved
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, golden syrup, eggs, salt, EarthBalance Soy Free, and vanilla extract.
- Stir gently the mixture gently until well incorporated and smooth. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust shell. Ensure that the pecans are spaced evenly throughout.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet on the center rack in the preheated 350°F oven.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the color of the crust deepens and the filling feels firm when tapped gently.
- Allow to cool and set.
- Serve topped with homemade dairy free ice cream or fresh dairy free whipped cream.
The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe is a 100% gluten free establishment located in San Antonio, TX with gluten free products available for shipping nationwide. Founded in 2006 and dedicated to creating excellent allergy friendly food without compromising quality, flavor, or taste, we are now home to the best gluten free on the planet! Join us at our restaurant at 3610 Avenue B. in San Antonio, TX, or order from our website for delivery nationwide.
For the latest news and deals, follow us!