Gluten free, dairy free chocolate cream pie. It really speaks for itself, so I’m just going to let you get baking and let this luscious pie do it’s thing!
- 1½ cup gluten free cookie crumbs (try sugar cookies)
- 8 Tbsp EarthBalance Soy Free
- 20 ounces (2 cans) coconut milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp potato starch
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl, mix the cookie crumbs with the EarthBalance Soy Free.
- Press the cookie crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ pie tin.
- Bake the “crust” for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour all except ¼ cup of the coconut milk into a medium saucepan with the chocolate chips and brown sugar. Heat on high, stirring constantly until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is well incorporated.
- Whisk the potato starch into the remaining coconut milk with a fork. When the mixture is lump free, stir it into the chocolate mixture.
- Continue stirring on high heat until the mixture thicken. Remove from heat.
- Pour the filling into the cookie crumb crust.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with fresh-made coconut whipped cream.
The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe is a 100% gluten free establishment located in San Antonio, TX with gluten free products available for shipping nationwide. Founded in 2006 and dedicated to creating excellent allergy friendly food without compromising quality, flavor, or taste, we are now home to the best gluten free on the planet! Join us at our restaurant at 3610 Avenue B. in San Antonio, TX, or order from our website for delivery nationwide. For the latest news and deals, follow us!