We’re very excited about the introduction of our gluten free ginger cookies to select H-E-Bs, and in honor of this momentous occasion we have created a special recipe to celebrate! This gluten free lemon ginger cheesecake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, even among your most discerning guests. And you don’t even have to tell them it’s gluten free!
- 2 ½ cups crumbled GF ginger cookies (get them here)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 cups softened cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Crush the cookies until finely ground. If you have a food processor, use it to get an even finer ground.
- Add the butter and mix until combined.
- Press this mixture over the base and sides of a 9½ inch spring-form pan. Set aside in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- With an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese, rinds and sugar until smooth.
- Slowly beat in the eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Add the sour cream and juice and blend well.
- Pour the filling into the chilled pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 15 minutes (for best texture, refrigerate before serving).
- Serve and enjoy!
The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe is a 100% gluten free establishment located in San Antonio, TX with gluten free products available for shipping nationwide. Founded in 2006 and dedicated to creating excellent allergy friendly food without compromising quality, flavor, or taste, we are now home to the best gluten free on the planet! Join us at our restaurant at 3610 Avenue B. in San Antonio, TX, or order from our website for delivery nationwide. For the latest news and deals, follow us!