Sangria is typically seen as a summer-time drink, but just because the temperatures have dropped doesn’t meant you have to give up this delicious celebratory drink! We just made a few festive modifications, and there you have it – Christmas Sangria! Make a batch for the adults, then swap out the wine for cranberry juice for a treat for the kids too. Serve something different at this year’s Christmas party!
- 2 large green apples
- 2 large red apples
- 1 cup maraschino cherries
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 strips of citrus rind
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bottle of red or rose wine
- 3 cups lemonade
- Cut the apples lengthwise into thin slices. For an extra festive touch, slice them into star shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place the sliced apples and the rest of the fruit into a large bowl. Add citrus rind and cinnamon stick.
- Pour wine and lemonade over the fruit and mix.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours up to one day.
- Serve over ice with a lemon or lime wedge.Enjoy!