Pumpkin Spiced Sweet Potato Pie: a marvelously rich & decadent allergy friendly holiday dessert made with Little Aussie Bakery pie crusts. The perfect treat for fall – Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or “just because!” This recipe makes enough filling for 2 pies.
- 2 gluten free pie crusts (buy online or get the recipe)
- 1 pound roasted sweet potatoes
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- ¼ cup golden syrup or treacle
- 2 Tablespoons potato starch
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- Roast, peel, & cool sweet potatoes.
- Spray pie crust outer rims with oil and sprinkle with sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375◦F.
- Place all wet ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Evenly distribute the liquid mixture between the prepared pans.
- Place on the oven center shelf and bake for 30 minutes at 375◦F.
- Turn down oven to 350◦F and bake another 15 minutes.
- Cool, slice, and serve with dairy-free whipped cream.
The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe is a 100% gluten free establishment located in San Antonio, TX with gluten free products available for shipping nationwide. Founded in 2006 and dedicated to creating excellent allergy friendly food without compromising quality, flavor, or taste, we are now home to the best gluten free on the planet! Join us at our restaurant at 3610 Avenue B. in San Antonio, TX, or order from our website for delivery nationwide. For the latest news and deals, follow us!